St. Mary’s Church in Rockville is very historic. Founded in 1813, it’s original building was built in 1817 and was the first brick Catholic church in the country. It is the oldest church in Rockville still in use and is the site of the graves of F. Scott Fitzgerald and his wife Zelda. In 1960, the congregation of this Georgian-style building built a new, space agey church right next door that looks like it just landed or is ready to launch. In 1966, efforts to raze the original church were blocked, now giving us this interesting and stark contrast in architectural styles.